At our core, STUART | MOORE | STAUB’s attorneys are deal lawyers. We have a storied tradition of representing financial institutions with respect to significant corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, branch sales and bank closures. STUART | MOORE | STAUB’s deal services include the following:
- Pre-transaction analysis, including identification of strategic partners, pro-active regulatory analysis, collaboration with investment bankers and accountants, development of deal structure, evaluation of consideration to be paid, review of pro forma projections provided by investment bankers and due diligence review;
- Tendering applications for all necessary regulatory approvals and/or non-objections that are required to facilitate the subject transaction;
- Negotiating, documenting, managing and effectuating significant transactions, specifically including complex bank and bank holding company mergers and acquisitions (including acquisitions of troubled or failed institutions), branch purchases and sales, as well as closures;
- Advising boards of directors with respect to substantial fiduciary duties relating to significant corporate events;
- Oversee, participate in, and moderate shareholder meetings, manage shareholder voting procedures and file requisite documentation, including proxy materials, in connection with soliciting and obtaining necessary shareholder approvals;
- Interface with the United States Treasury, Federal Reserve, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, California Department of Financial Institutions and other state and federal regulators as needed to expedite the consummation and closing of substantial transactions involving financial institutions; and
- Where appropriate, effectively and efficiently facilitate the closure of a financial institution.