STUART | MOORE | STAUB’s attorneys have assisted the opening of numerous banks for our clients. Our firm’s vast experience with the intricate and complex bank laws and regulations allow us to guide our clients from inception to organization of a bank business plan and ultimately, to the formation of an institution and raising of initial capital. Our firm’s background in forming financial institutions includes the following:
- STUART | MOORE | STAUB’s attorneys have opened numerous federally and state-chartered banks and bank holding companies, including the strategic entity planning and structuring associated therewith;
- Preparing and filing all requisite regulatory applications in connection with attaining all required approvals and/or non-objections associated with obtaining and/or acquiring a bank charter;
- Providing securities counsel with respect to initial stock offerings;
- Assisting the board of directors with all matters relating to initial staffing procedures, including management, compensation and equity compensation plans; and
- Providing special counsel to founding members of a bank’s board of directors with respect to all matters relating to opening a financial institution, including advice concerning the substantial steps of the process, stock sale matters and interactions with regulatory officials.